Our online reservation system can be accessed by anyone with a valid UW NetID. The optimal web browser for accessing and viewing the calendars is FireFox.
Policies for Studio Reservation
- Reserve space online before using – even if done at last minute.
- Include what you are working on with your name (FDC, Class Prep, Research, etc…). Include an email and phone number in the description.
- If you are Willing To Share (WTS) please indicate that next to your name. If you do not see WTS next to a reservation name – DO NOT ask someone to share.
- Faculty and Grad Student Changes/Deletions should be made as soon as possible to any existing reservations. If you have problems, contact Kelly for help.
- Undergraduate students who need to change and/or delete reservations need to contact Kelly immediately to have these processed. Failing to do so will result in a warning. Multiple failures will result in suspension of studio privileges.
- Students and Student Groups can reserve NO MORE than a quarter in advance (and should be aware that bumping privileges are applicable).
- Dance Majors may NOT reserve space for students/groups from outside the department without prior consent from the department. Doing so without consent may result in suspension of reservation privileges.
- Reservations may be bumped out of a studio based on priority. Those doing the bumping should contact the bumpee directly and change the reservation accordingly. If you need help finding a contact email or changing a reservation, please contact Kelly.
- Keys for studios need to be returned promptly. Failure to return keys in a timely manner may result in suspension of reservation privileges. If you need keys for evening, weekend, and holiday reservations, Kelly in Meany 258.
Prioritization for the Studios
- Concert of a given quarter
Summer – CDC
Autumn – CDC, then UW Dance Presents
Winter – UWDP, then DMC
Spring – MFA
- Student Organization Special Events (Influx, Workshops, etc… MUST HAVE PRIOR APPROVAL OF FACULTY and only student organizations with a Dance Department faculty mentor are eligible)
- Faculty Research
- Graduate Students
- Undergrad Honors Research (max 4 hours, max 2 reservations – special allowance for concert quarter and honors)
- Undergraduate Students (max 4 hours, max 2 reservations)
- Student Organizations with a faculty mentor in the department. All other student groups need a Dance Major representative for whom they will use their allocated 4 hours per week.