The Department of Dance is currently admitting new graduate students every two years and will be reviewing applications for summer 2025 starting in spring and fall of 2024.
- Early Decision applications should be submitted by April 1, 2024.
- Regular Decisions applications should be submitted by: October 18, 2024.
- International student applications must be submitted no later than September 16, 2024.
- Accepted students must be available to begin the program in mid-June, 2025.
All applicants must apply online at the link below. We recommend that all applicants thoroughly review the M.F.A. Coursework information prior to submitting an application.
All aspects of the application are submitted online, including:
- Statement of purpose of 1-2 pages in length outlining professional dance experience, reasons for seeking an M.F.A. degree at the UW, and career expectations.
- Current resume.
- One performance link (maximum 10 minutes - Vimeo/YouTube) demonstrating a range of technical and performance accomplishments. Please only provide one link.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
All complete applications are reviewed by a departmental faculty admissions committee. As the admission review process progresses, applicants may be invited for a campus interview and visit.
The following are the requirements to be considered for admission to the Dance Master of Fine Arts program:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a professional dancer (post high school)
- Professional-level performance ability at the time of application
- In-person interviews and participation in a department movement class are required for preferred applicants
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
University of Washington Admissions Information
For additional information, please contact the department's Academic Advisor, Emily Uematsu.