International student applications must be submitted no later than September 15 each year. Domestic student applications need to be submitted by October 15 each year. Accepted students must be available to begin the program mid-June of the following year.
All applicants must apply online at the link below. We recommend that all applicants thoroughly review the M.F.A. Coursework information <https://dance.washington.edu/master-fine-arts-program> prior to submitting an application.
All aspects of the application are submitted online, including:
- Statement of purpose and resume, outlining professional dance experience, reasons for seeking an MFA degree at the UW, and career expectations.
- Performance link (maximum 30 minutes – website/vimeo/youtube) demonstrating a range of technical and performance accomplishments
All applications are reviewed by a committee of Dance Program faculty. Following the review process, the committee will invite preferred candidates for a campus visit.
The following are requirements for acceptance into the Dance Master of Fine Arts program:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a professional dancer (post high school)
- Professional-level performance ability at the time of application
- In-person interview and audition are required for preferred applicants
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
University of Washington Admissions Information
For additional information, please contact Graduate Program Advisor Bruce McCormick.