Help us Keep our Studios Clean
The Department of Dance studios are a cherished facility that is shared and used by many. We ask that anyone who uses the studios, including, students, teachers, and guests, help keep the spaces clean and accessible by following these rules:
- Please wear socks or indoor-dance shoes (or be barefoot) in the studio. Shoes that are worn outside are not allowed in the studios (except by permission in Studio 267) because they can drag dirt and debris that can damage the floor and cause injury.
- Please do not eat, chew, or drink in the studios. Food, Gum, and beverages (other than water), are not allowed in the studios because they can damage the dance floor and attract insects and rodents which can further damage the facilities; water in water bottles is permitted.
- Use the dressing rooms on the Lower Level to change clothes. Restrooms on the Upper Level are not to be used for changing because the number of restrooms on the Upper Level are limited and shared by everyone on the floor.
- If planning to sit or lie down on the floor, please wear clothing that covers below the knee and the torso completely. This is because the sweat and oil from the skin can get onto the floor, making it slippery.
- The wearing of oily lotions prior to class is discouraged, especially for classes that involve floor work because they make the floor slippery.
- Please refrain from applying strongly scented products prior to class (such as perfume, cologne, hairspray, etc). Studios are scent-free zones to make the spaces more inclusive to those with allergies to scents.
- Hairstyling and restyling in the studio is not permitted because hair can fall onto the studio floor, making the floor slippery and full of hair.