Alethea holds an M.F.A. in Dance from the University of Washington where she is currently serving on faculty as Acting Assistant Professor. With the Chamber Dance Company, she has performed works by Crystal Pite, Kate Weare, Lucinda Childs, Bebe Miller, Bill T. Jones, Susan Marshall, Jane Dudley and others. She has also performed with the artists of Bellingham Repertory Dance (Bellingham); , Quark Contemporary Dance Theatre, The Stone Dance Collective and Ballet Bellevue (Seattle); and Unum Dance Company, Scott Wells and Jo Kreiter (San Francisco). She has set new works on Relay Dance Collective, students at the University of Washington and at Whatcom Community College, and has produced two original screen dances. In addition to teaching dance technique and theory, she is a certified Dance Church™ guide and Pilates mat and reformer instructor. A native to Washington State, Alethea grew up in the little northwest corner city, Bellingham.
- Alexander, Alethea and dancers. Duet for Four. Dance performance for Annual M.F.A. Concert. Meany Studio Theater. Seattle, WA. May 2018.
Alexander, Alethea. "Wonderwomen: Embodied Confidence in Popular Media." Research presented at the Annual Arts and Society Conference. Vancouver, B.C.. June 2018.
Adviser: Juliet McMains
- Alexander, Alethea and dancers. We Have Always Been There. New dance work performed at the Faculty Dance Concert. Meany Hall, Seattle, WA, 2019.
- Alexander, Alethea, Bradshaw-Yerby, Alexandra, Mlasowsky, Anna. Chorus of One. Glass sculpture and dance performance at Annual Glasstastic! show. Bellevue Arts Museum. Bellevue, WA. November 2018-April 2019.
Summer 2019 Full-term
Summer 2018 Full-term
Summer 2017 Full-term
- Best Seat in the House - May 5, 2020 to June 2, 2020
- UW Dance Presents - January 23, 2020 - 7:30pm to January 26, 2020 - 2:00pm
- Audition for Alethea Alexander and Rachael Lincoln for UW Dance Presents - September 30, 2019 - 6:00pm