Sarah Lisette Chiesa is an American contemporary dance based artist. She attended North Carolina School of the Arts for High School, received her BFA from Purchase College and Post Graduate in Choreography from SEAD. She danced professionally with Kazuko Hirabayashi, Sidra Bell, Tania Perez-Salas, Sue Bernhard, Steve Cook, Yang Jiang, Stefen Dreher, and Franca Ferarri. Her collaborations in film and installation were with John Mattuizzi, Jenny Koons, Celia Rowlson-Hall, Hubert Lepka, Naomie Lafrance, Yuval Avital, Piergiorgio Casotti, and Fabrizio Orsi. Sarah was a company member of Shen Wei Dance Arts from 2008-2013, and continues to perform with him. Her work including, film, installation, and choreography has been presented in New York in Duo Emergence Gallery, Dumbo Dance Festival, and the Widow Jane Mine. In Europe in Salzburg Republic Theater, Italy Spazio Gerra, Spazio Labo, Teatro San Prospero, Teatro Ariosto, CSAC Parma, Mutty Gallery, Salone di Mobile Milan, Rimini Music Live Festival, and Fotografia Europea. She has also presented work in Montreal, Santiago Chile, and Bangalore India. Sarah is a certified BASI Pilates instructor and guest teacher in contemporary dance for Aterballetto, CIMD Milano, Balletto Toscana, Shen Wei Dance Arts Summer intensive, and University California Santa Barbara.
Summer 2019 Full-term
Summer 2018 Full-term
- MFA Dance Concert - May 13, 2020 - 7:30pm to May 17, 2020 - 2:00pm
- Chamber Dance Company Concert, Falling - October 10, 2019 - 7:30pm to October 13, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Graduate Student Dance Research Symposium - August 16, 2019 - 12:00pm
- MFA Concert - May 15, 2019 - 7:30pm to May 19, 2019 - 2:00pm
- MFA Dance Concert Audition - March 14, 2019 - 6:00pm