Brian Lawson is a dance performer and educator. He began dancing in Toronto with the Canadian Children's Dance Theatre. In 2005, he spent a year at Codarts in Rotterdam, and subsequently began his degree at SUNY Purchase. While studying, he performed with Douglas Dunn and Dancers and as a supplemental dancer for the Mark Morris Dance Group. He graduated summa cum laude from Purchase in 2010 with a BFA in Dance Performance, and received the President's Award in Modern Dance. After graduating, Brian began working for Pam Tanowitz and John Heginbotham, and had the opportunity to perform at the Metropolitan Opera. He was hired as a member of the Mark Morris Dance group in 2011, and had the great pleasure to tour the US and the world performing Morris' dances. Brian has enjoyed teaching dance to diverse populations and has given masterclasses at Purchase College, University of Illinois at Champaign, Cornish College of the Arts, and American Dance Festival.
Summer 2019 Full-term
- Douglas Dunn & Holley Farmer at the UW and Cornish - March 19, 2019 - 5:02pm
- Chamber Dance Company Concert, Falling - October 10, 2019 - 7:30pm to October 13, 2019 - 2:00pm
- Graduate Student Dance Research Symposium - August 16, 2019 - 12:00pm
- MFA Concert - May 15, 2019 - 7:30pm to May 19, 2019 - 2:00pm
- MFA Dance Concert Audition - March 14, 2019 - 6:00pm
- Contemporary Modern Masterclass - February 7, 2019 - 7:00pm