- Dance works by: Alana Isiguen, Rachael Lincoln, Juliet McMains
- with guest artists: Ronald K. Brown and Nia-Amina Minor
Join The UW Department of Dance for an evening of live contemporary dance performance and a dance film installation created by UW Dance faculty and guest artists. This year’s concert will premiere new
works alongside excerpts from critically acclaimed repertory.
Made possible by the Kawasaki Guest Artist Fund, undergraduate students will perform an excerpt of Dancing Spirit (2009) an ode to Emeritus Artistic Director of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Judith Jamison, by award winning choreographer and artistic director of EVIDENCE Ronald K. Brown.
The program will also include a tryptic of short contemporary dance works staged by Rachael Lincoln that includes an excerpt from the highly praised an attic an exit (2006). New works will be presented by faculty Alana Isiguen, guest choreographer Nia-Amina Minor who was named one of Dance Magazine’s 25 Artists to Watch, and a dance film installation by Juliet McMains.
The Central Plaza Garage (CPG) just below Meany Hall has disability parking on all levels. Enter the garage from 15th Avenue NE at NE 41st Street (payment via PayByPhone app or machine). We recommend downloading the app before arriving, as reception in the garage is poor. If you prefer, you may also pay on the PayByPhone website. CPG parking is free Saturday after 12 p.m. and all day Sunday. Questions about parking? Call 206-221-3701 or visit transportation.uw.edu/
Disability parking spaces are available on all levels of the Central Plaza Garage, with level C3 designated for Meany Hall with the closest elevator access. The only access to the Studio Theatre without stairs is from level C1 of the garage (enter parking code 12311 for disability parking on C1). Please inquire with the gate attendant for directions.
There are also several surface lots and on-street parking within walking distance.
Entrances to the Katharyn Alvord Gerlich Theater
The main lobby external entrance has a level approach, 35.5” doorways and pull handle. The far north side lobby entrance to the night-of-event box office, main lobby and Central Plaza Garage elevator access has a level approach, a 36” doorway and an automatic door with paddle controls.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully.
- Accessible parking information: for additional questions/accommodations, contact the Transportation Services Events Office via email or at 206.616.8710.
- Map of accessible entrances.
- Printable campus mobility map.
- For general accessibility accommodation requests: contact the Disability Services Office via email or at 206.543.6450, 206.543.6452 (TTY), preferably at least 10 days in advance of the event.
- For interpreting, captioning, amplification services, and TTYs: contact the Coordinator of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services via email or at 206.543.1415, 206.543.6452 (TTY), preferably at least 10 days in advance of the event.
Since 2019, UW has been working on a comprehensive ADA transition plan to "create environments that are welcoming and accessible to all". As part of that work, 43 parking lots on the Seattle campus have recently been remediated to be ADA compliant, including the following lots used frequently by the College of Arts & Sciences.
ADA compliant parking options for College of Arts & Sciences events:
- N1: 6 stalls that serve The Burke Museum and Gates Hall
- N22: 26 stalls that serve HUB, Hall Health, Thompson, Communications, and Padelford
- Central Plaza Garage (C1-C6): 39 stalls that serve Kane, Suzzallo, Gerberding, Meany, Henry Art, Odegaard
- C1: 12 stalls ‐ dispersed between exits/entrances to Meany Studio Theatre (2), Odegaard (2) and Kane Hall (8)
- C2: 3 stalls ‐ located near 15th Avenue exit/entrance
- C3: 12 stalls ‐ dispersed between exits/entrances to Meany Theatre (7), Odegaard (2) and Kane Hall (3)
- C4: 4 stalls ‐ located near exit/entrance to Henry Art Gallery
- C5: 4 stalls ‐ dispersed between exits/entrances to Odegaard (1) and Kane Hall (3)
- C6: 4 stalls – located near exit/entrance to Henry Art Gallery